Lilypie ticker-jaden

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I am a Working Mom...

Working Mom. That's what I am...it's both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because I hope that someday I will be able to provide my son with a secure and promising future. It is a curse because I have to leave the child I longed for every day. Even though I am fortunate to leave him with my mom whom I know loves him tremendously, it doesn't change the fact that I WANT to be the one changing his diaper, feeding him, cuddling him, playing with him, singing with him....it is painful in a way that only other working mom's know. I've been told "if you really want to stay home you could"...yes and no. Yes, had I known how much I wanted that and known that someday I would indeed be able to conceive, I could have prepared better for that life...given the surprises and challenges life handed us...I no longer can afford that option. It is what it is...I know I am fortunate to be able to call myself employed, but a part of me mourns the lost time with my baby who is growing and changing on a daily basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment